Monday, October 29, 2012

Barbequed Meatballs

Barbequed Meatballs


Barbequed Meatballs

1 lb ground beef
1 cup oatmeal
1 egg
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
6 oz evaporated milk (I do use the small cans that are like 5oz)
1 cup chopped onion (my family does not like big pieces. So I just grate some in.)
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 tsp salk
1 tsp chilli powder

Sauce
1 cup Ketchup
1 tsp liquid smoke or to taste
1/8 cup chopped onions (I actually leave this out)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder

Meatballs: Combine all ingredients and shape into walnut size balls. Mixture will be soft. 

Sauce: Combine all ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved. 

Place balls in pan and cook for 10-15 mins, slightly brown. Then pour on sauce and cook
another 45 mins in a 350 degree oven. 

We like to serve over rice. 

Enjoy!! 

I do not have an link to this one. Since it was in a magazine a long time ago. That my friend got and we tried it out once and both really loved it. I do know it was in a cooking magazine. 

Here is a picture of the meat mixture before I put in the evaporated milk and egg. I like to put those in last. Otherwise the oatmeal gets to wet. 



Here is a picture of the sauce. Mine is a bit lumpy. My brown sugar was not as soft as it should be. So I had it sitting by the heat for a bit. Then it was not so lumpy. I just forgot to get a picture at that time. 



Happy Cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment