Thursday, August 14, 2014

Making your own hand carved stamp

Making your own hand carved stamp


I have been looking for some yarn stamps. 
I found one but it was smaller then I wanted. 
I just ordered one and really wanted 
it to be personalized. So I thought
I could put the words I wanted around it. 
So I went to youtube to see if I could find a video.
Here is the first one I found. 

Making your own hand carved stamp
Materials: 
- Rubber (Speedball Speedy is what I used)
- Carving tool (I used Speedball Linoleum Cutter
- #2 pencil
- Tracing paper (optional)
- Xacto or retractable blade knife
- Stamp pad
+Paper

1) I first found a design I liked and then just traced over it with my pencil. 

2) Once I traced over it all. I then placed it on my speedball speedy rubber and taped it down to hold it in place. With the back of my speedball linoleum cutter I used the back and pressed down a bit to get the pattern onto the stamp. 
3) Then I started to cut out. Which was a lot of fun. It did take time but I turned on some music and went to work. 
 4) Once I got it to how I felt was good enough. I did a stamp to see how it looked. 

 I was very happy. I had a few spots that needed touching up. I really thought there would be a bit more since it was my
first time. 

Once cleaned up. I did one more stamp test. 

 I can't wait to make more. 
If you try one let me know how it goes and what you think. 

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment